Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Bedtime

So I always seem to rush thru bedtime with Aubs, but when I look back and think about it, I realize that some of my favorite moments with her are at bedtime when we are laying there in her big girl bed together and talking/reading books/praying. I'm trying to teach myself to take it slower, cuz I know before I know it she will be all grown up and leavin' her mama :(. Hehe. So I had to blog about some funny/sweet little bedtime moments from this week - every single night she says her prayers with me, and her new favorite line is "Dear God, thank you for everything and for all the blessin's, Amen" - and yes it is blessin's, not blessings. I love her prayers, it is so sweet to hear my little girl talk to God, and thank Him for the things that are important to her. And we also sing songs every night together before she goes to sleep. I think her list is growing, it gets longer every nite - "Just one more song, Mama!" :). Well lately one of her new favorites is "Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world, red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in His sight.." etc. So we sang that tonight and when we got done she said "Mama, I'm not white, I'm pink. I'm pink just like Ashy [our good friend, Ashley Oberlin]. Ashy is pink and I'm pink. But Timmy's not pink ['Timmy' is Ashley's boyfriend, Timothy], Timmy's black! I love black! And I love pink!" - it just fills my heart when I hear my little baby, who just 2 years ago came out of my belly!!!, talk about her friends and watch her learning new concepts, like the color of ppl's skin. Anyways, Den needs my help with something out in the garage (fun...hah), so I'm off to do that and go to bed! We love you all! Night!

2 comments:

.:Tim and ashley:. said...

Oh my word I just starting laughing out loud SO HARD!!!!! I love my aubs!! Miss her so much!!! Tell her Ashy & Timmy will come see her soon! And you guys should come out here and visit us too!!! :) Can't wait to share this with T!! Love u and miss u!!

Ashley, John, Lilly, Myllah, and dakota Sommer said...

very cute story! It's crazy how fast they learn things...without you even knowing it!!!

Post a Comment